Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Solo walk.

After the couple of weeks I've had, I thought it best to head off to N Wales on my own for a walk with the intention of bivvying out for the first time. After much weight watching and repacking to achieve as light a weight backpack as pos, Including changing the steel tent pegs for aluminium ones, I was off. Weather couldn't have been better and I managed to get to the top of Pen Yr Ole Wen via the corrie to the east of it in no time at all after a bit of a scramble. The view was epic and I pitched the tent and was in bed by 8:30. Woke up at 6 and was walking at 7 before the sun was up which was quite magical. Didn't see a soul the whole way round Carnedd Daffyd, Carnedd Fach and Carnedd Llewellyn. Back down to the car near Llyn Ogwen by 11am and off home, via an interesting lunch stop. But thats another story...

Tryfan_blog

tent_blog

Pool1_blog

bivvy_Blog

No comments: