Saturday, March 11, 2006

A week in the life of Mowglie the Jungle Boy

Well well, what can happen in a week.

Monday morning 11.30

Turn up at the inkfish offices stylelish entrance 2 and a half hours late for work and in a foul Monday morning, Im in the rat race kind of mood. This doesn’t bother my bosses I just have to work 2 and a half hours later! Flexi hours in an office rock.
Seeing the sun out for the first time in England and being in an office with about 100 pale looking people got me inspired to start thinking about going travelling again. So though the phone book it is having a chat with everyone I know who works in water sports. Had some good chats with people.


The dreaded 12-hour shift! Lots more time on the phone following up all the phone calls made on Monday. Another day in the office.


Take the day off work to hammer out some c.vs to worldwide destinations. Im beginning to scratch those itchy feet. Had a good swim and gym session. Good for the soul. I’ve been feeling pretty restless lately due to this fact I’ve not been sleeping well and have found myself on the couch at four in the morning Supping red wine.


Not much too report about today had a pretty bit of a headache from a few drinks last night and a couple of bottles of wine whilst chatting about the cycles of life.
Ha Ha get a phone call from Chris he has locked himself out and is waiting for me in the pub near work for my keys. So the only sensible thing I can see to do is sign myself out of work (don’t really need the money as some freelance work has just paid off and Im doing overtime anyway) and go and join Chris the mechanical marvel on the nice comfy leather sofa in the pub. One drink quickly turns into five. A good chat with some fellow windsurfers/kite surfers that live on a yacht in Brighton marina and randomly happened to sit down oppisit us. (Brighton is such a cool place for randomly meeting people like that hence I’ve been here on and off for the past two years) A bit of a stumble home, a quick stop for chips and a bit of a rumble between the two siblings (just play fighting but Chris still gave in first. one up for BOB) its time for bed.

Friday morning

Quick look out the window. MY GOD surf able waves and the sun is out nothing better to cure a booze headache than getting in the water. I manage to bribe Chris to take the day off work with a good old bacon sarnie. Tainted!

Quick drive off to Berling gap with a video camera in my hand shouting out of the car window to anyone who will listen that ITS A BEAUTIFUL DAY. Some of the reactions are fairly amusing. (As soon as I’ve found a good video hosting web site I will post the vid on here!)
Friday 10.30am
Berlin gap
Wave size 3-4 foot messy
Extremely cold
Watched 1 solitary surfer paddle out and got two of his waves on camera. Half an hour of doing this and the wind picking up enough to windsurf. We came to the decision that It was too cold to go for a surf and a windsurf. So we drive back to Hove lagoon via all the surf spots to get a couple more waves for the camera.

1.0 Pm Hove Lagoon
Within 10 minutes of turning up the wind drops and swings off shore. Bugger!
We decide to wait around for Mr Maylon, Kai, and Germbag to see if the wind is going to play ball with our plans.

2.00pm Sweet as the wind fills back in and swings back to dead cross-shore with some nice clean waves.

Sail choice 5.3 its good to sail out from hove as you can park right on the prom to rig up. Have to be a bit wary about the traffic wardens as they like to put these really annoying yellow clamps round your wheels and charge you £120 to take them off.
John hadn’t sailed for a while but got straight back into it with some good air and over rotating so far on his loops it looked like he was attempting double back loops.
The cold got the better of Kai whilst he was walking down to give Chris a hand who got worked over in the waves and ended about a mile down wind. Adam got some nice wave riding in bashing away at the lips of the pretty clean waves that don’t appear too often in Brighton and I had a nice one too. Got round cleanly on most of my carve gybes almost put my feet though my sail on a fairly big jump that went a bit wrong. Time to head in though cos I cant feel my fingers anymore and Chris needs picking up from down the beach to save him from the walk of shame with all his kit. It was too cold for Mr traffic warden so all cars were fully operational.

Friday 12.00pm
After a good windsurf like that (Its just what you do in Brighton) and it being Sali,s birthday who’s back off to turkey soon. We hit a night club the dancing was ridiculous with John and Sali making everyone participate in the famous “how silly can you do it) dance off. Where those boys picked up some of their moves God only knows.

Saturday 5.30 pm

Chilled out day here at the flat had a swim at the King Alfred and saving some energy for a mountain bike ride down some nice steep hills tomorrow. Think Im going to take the video camera along and immortalise your guys riding on video on ibreakforcake.

GET INVOLVED keep your eyes here Im going to be somwhere hot soon for you all to come out and have a good holiday in the sun sea and sand.
for all you out there that dont know how to contact me.

No comments: