Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Last night ride?

Amazing day today for spring - my car read 18 degrees C earlier. That, combined with a few dry days meant that the trails were running pretty quick tonight and the regular Weds night crew were pushing the pace. Its noticeable that there have been efforts to 'close' trails by tree knocking over (not an exaggeration) and foliage strewing since the re-introduction of the Greensands management... Not that it really is an issue!

Anyway, some of the guys got the jump on me and Captain Faff and managed to get some daylight runs in on the Hogans hill and made a point of letting us know. As i said, it was quick, and probably one of the best/fastest rides of the night series this winter.

The clocks change this weekend, so this could be one of the last night rides before spring sets into summer, so I took out the camera to try and get some night shots. Bad night shots were taken - I really need to get my act together...

DAV_1897

DAV_1899

DAV_1900

DAV_1908

DAV_1922
tight at night...

Viva la headtorch! Riding trails as flat out as you can at night really puts them into a different dimension and something we quickly forget n summer. I might just venture out a bit after hours this year, though...

1 comment:

thomas.shar@gmail.com said...

Awesome Ride, bizzarly I'll miss the night rides which were a first for me this year...on a bike anyway..sniffnarffnarrf..
Cpt. Faff.